Not going to make this a long and complicated post, just wanted to toss this out there in case any body else finds themselves in my situation. I was playing around with OwnCloud and enabled the Subphonic add-on and suddenly my install quits working completely citing some bogus Apache nonsense. Not to be deterred I got on ssh and hit up the box and immediately checked /var/log/apache2/error.log and here is what I found
[Sun Jun 03 09:17:30 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.229] PHP Fatal error: Class 'OCP\App' not found in /var/www/apps/subphonic/appinfo/app.php on line 10 [Sun Jun 03 09:18:55 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.229] PHP Fatal error: Class 'OCP\App' not found in /var/www/apps/subphonic/appinfo/app.php on line 10
Just as I figured Subphonic was the culprit, however not being able to login to OwnCloud to disable it I was left with no choice but to either re-install the whole thing (which I didn’t want to do) or manually disable it in the database where all the config settings live. Took maybe a minute or two of poking around to figure out the structure of the database and locate where the setting was stored, for simplicity sake all you need to do to disable it is connect to the mysql database and run the following query
UPDATE oc_appconfig SET configvalue = 'no' WHERE appid = 'subphonic' AND configkey = 'enabled';
And obviously you can change this to disable whatever random thing you happen to have enabled which breaks OwnCloud by changing the appid to the necessary name, hopefully this helps someone out there who may not be overly comfortable with command line SQL manipulation.